Can't access windows server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
andyjlund

Can't access windows server

Post by andyjlund » Wed May 25, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi.

I have two identical installations on two different networks. One works perfectly but the other one doesn't work. I can connect in and authenticate from outside the network, but that's as far as i can get. I can't access the Window servers that the SoftEther is installed on, or see any of the network for that matter.

I can ping the server, but can't access it either by IP Address or by server name.

Both installations are the same other than the broadband providers. The firewall allows the connection in, hence the authentication is ok.

Any pointers for this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Andy

nobody12

Re: Can't access windows server

Post by nobody12 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:58 pm

Is it possible that the local PC and the PC hosting the VPN have the same subnet? That would be an explanation.

andyjlund

Post by andyjlund » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi. I've checked that out and are definately on separate subnets.

I've even tried using a static IP address instead of DHCP. and still doesn't make any difference.

I can link to one VPN no problem and use the network, but disconnecting and connecting to the 2nd VPN on a different network (although the ip addressing is the standard internal addressing of 192.168.1.x)

Really baffling me as in my eyes it connects to the server, so it is getting in to the network, just not moving from there, even though the server hosting the VPN is the one i need to connect to.

mishaladem8

Post by mishaladem8 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:27 am

i am facing almost same situation.

eddiewu

Post by eddiewu » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:43 am

My suggestion is avoiding descriptive words. Show your code, configuration and screenshots.