why does the internet cut when connecting to vpn

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Liam21

why does the internet cut when connecting to vpn

Post by Liam21 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:09 am

Main Pc running server = VMware running client I use the main internet ip to connect from VMware to the main pc.
the main pc does not disconnect for a second remains online and has no slow internet.

VMware running server to = pc running client.
pc client connecting to vmware cant use internet IP don't work so I have to use 192.xx.xx.xx and says connected getting new IP and I can see in VMware the internet icon becomes like a spear then comes back.
and once connected internet is slow for both pc and VMware.

1: VMware server and pc running client why VMware internet cutting for a second.
it is a problem because users can be in chat or anywhere and disconnecting is not good.

please advise me how to fix it asap.

Liam21

Re: why does the internet cut when connecting to vpn

Post by Liam21 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:14 am

https://forum.vpngate.net/viewtopic.php?t=66316

post2
t turns out that windows was re-assigning 'network locations' to various adapters once the VPN was connected, changing Private to Public etc.
I manually set each network's location using group policy editor > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Network Lists settings and changing each one.

I then removed the Gateway and DNS IPs from the Virual DHCP manager on the VPN server and I now have a connection to the DB server from my VPN client whilst maintaining my own internet connection.

However, MySQL server will now not start when Softether server is running. They are not using the same 3308 port, so I am not at a loss as to what is happening.

he mentions I then removed the Gateway and DNS IPs from the Virual DHCP manager on the VPN server
i am looking for the gateaway and dns ip were is it

Liam21

Post by Liam21 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:54 pm

if the lan adapter shows the name ethernet no disconnection but if the adapter is from other brand than it disconnects.
the adapters are different in each vmware software.
Windows Sandbox ethernet connects to vpn with no issue.
VMware Workstation Pro ethernet first cuts off then connects why though

Bozhidar

Post by Bozhidar » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:36 am

Where did you manually set the group policy, on the client or the server?