My Client Does not receive an IP Address while Connect to Softether VPN Server

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
admin5547

My Client Does not receive an IP Address while Connect to Softether VPN Server

Post by admin5547 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:25 pm

I successfully connected the client to the server but I am not getting a locat IP address which would allow me to use my local resources. Any direction on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated

solo

Re: My Client Does not receive an IP Address while Connect to Softether VPN Server

Post by solo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:36 pm

You don't say much and expect a diagnosis. Here it is, as brief and cryptic as your setup's description: enable SNAT, disable CSF, run dhclient.

admin5547

Re: My Client Does not receive an IP Address while Connect to Softether VPN Server

Post by admin5547 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Thank you for your response. Not sure if my intent was in insult you. I am new to the product. I have configure the server using certificate authentication. The server shows that the client device is connected. I am in need of folder re - direct , which would allow my Server shares to be accessible via the VPN connection.

Would the above instructions accomplish this, or is there something else I should focus my attention to ? Thank you in advance for your kind response

Dedric

solo

Post by solo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Please check Client PC unable to reach shared directory on Server PC. In it you will notice the numerous variables involved in this topic. If you can specify more than "I am not getting a local IP address" then we could explore solutions for your VPN.

admin5547

Post by admin5547 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:03 pm

a little more details on my setup as requested, My client machine connects to my Softether's Server. The connection status goes to connected.

My virtual adapter IP address : 169.x.x.x

The connection status on the local Virtual Adapter is IP Address: 0.0.0.0 What do I need to configure on the SoftEther's Server Manager to hand client's that are connecting to it, an IP Address on the same subnet as the Host SoftEther Server. I would like to get the client on the same network as the server so I can work as if both devices are on the same LAN.

thank you in advance for your assistance

solo

Post by solo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:03 am

Disable both firewalls for a brief test and re-try the connection and LAN access. If it works without a firewall, re-enable it, allow SoftEther as well as pass all ICMP, DHCP and DNS packets in it.