connection through local proxy

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Surok

connection through local proxy

Post by Surok » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi,
I am trying to connect through a local network due to the proxy server. OpenVPN Client easily passes through the proxy and connects to other VPN providers, but Softether VPN Client does not do this for any servers. I updated the list through another VPN, but this did not solve the problem. I got acquainted with similar topics, but did not find a solution there. Any tips. Thanks.
I tried to apply configuration files in the OpenVPN client, but I always get:
SIGUSR1[soft,connection-reset] received, process restarting
Image Image Image

solo

Re: connection through local proxy

Post by solo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:09 am

10.10.6 Accessing Your Home Network From a Remote Network Safely

If the remote network you will be connecting from routes its traffic through a firewall or proxy server we recommend you set the VPN Server's listener port to Port 443 (the port used for HTTPS communication). Most HTTP proxy servers or firewalls will allow TCP/IP traffic directed to port 443 pass through.
Post the proxy's name, config file and connection log.

Surok

Re: connection through local proxy

Post by Surok » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:03 am

How to set the VPN Server's listener port to Port 443, please? if possible, screenshot please.
I would not like to publish any detailed information for security purposes. My proxy works through the HHTP / HTTPS, and OpenVPN client, as I said above, passes through it without problems with the same settings as a browser.