Softether stopped working on Mac

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
RogerSch

Softether stopped working on Mac

Post by RogerSch » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:33 pm

I have SE installed on a Ras Pi, working fine. Connected my Mac, iPhone, iPad and administer from a Win 10 PC. All good. Suddenly, the Mac, and only the Mac cannot connect. I receive "The L2TP-VPN server did not respond." I have no clue why it will no longer connect. Reviewing the SE log on the Pi, there is no evidence of the Mac attempting to connect. The only thing I can think of is that I installed Tailscale on the Mac. Perhaps there is a conflict? I deleted the Tailscale VPN, but still receive no response from the SE VPN server. Again, iPhone and iPad still work fine. I am INTERNAL to the network so port forwarding should not be an issue. Appreciate help. Thanks.

Rouzah

Re: Softether stopped working on Mac

Post by Rouzah » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 am

Hello Roger,

i read your post. I have unfortunately no answer. I came across your post because iphones apparently cannot connect to my SE L2TP server on Win 10. How did you manage to connect your iphone to your server? Iphones trying to connect to my server get the same message that your MAC gets.