cascade connection lost or fail so many times

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
boby_turk

cascade connection lost or fail so many times

Post by boby_turk » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:51 am

Hi, there!

i am using cascade connection between 2 softether vpn server . but the cascade connection lost so many times during a day somtimes 2 days or even every hour !! i changed the servers location changed the port between 443 , 5555 and even 80 .
i am enabled securena in second server and clients have to got ip from there .
the main problem is this . when the connection lost and reconnect again . clinets who connect via first server cant get ip and got autenthication error . i have to disconnect and reconnect the cascade many times to solve the problem . and this circle is goining forever ... anyone has any idea to solve this ?

i tried different ip ranges . different countries and data centers . different ports of connections . different ip range in dhcp secure nat . but nothing has changed

shakibamoshiri

Re: cascade connection lost or fail so many times

Post by shakibamoshiri » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:12 am

boby_turk wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:51 am
Hi, there!

i am using cascade connection between 2 softether vpn server . but the cascade connection lost so many times during a day somtimes 2 days or even every hour !! i changed the servers location changed the port between 443 , 5555 and even 80 .
i am enabled securena in second server and clients have to got ip from there .
the main problem is this . when the connection lost and reconnect again . clinets who connect via first server cant get ip and got autenthication error . i have to disconnect and reconnect the cascade many times to solve the problem . and this circle is goining forever ... anyone has any idea to solve this ?

i tried different ip ranges . different countries and data centers . different ports of connections . different ip range in dhcp secure nat . but nothing has changed
You have a double vpn (client ==> hop-1 ==> hop-2)
If you changed your hop-2 location, it almost has no effect.

Mostly issue is because of network of hop-1
On cascade connection go to "Advanced Setting" and check "Disable UDP Acceleration" on (Disable it)
if disabling this option did not solve your issue, change hop-1 location to other DataCenter or Web-Hosting provider

NOTE
on cascade connection you should be able to connect to hop-2 using IP address and port 443
If using IP failed and you had to set a domain name, as I experienced there are FW or network limitation of your Host provider or DataCenter

boby_turk

Re: cascade connection lost or fail so many times

Post by boby_turk » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:21 am

thanks for your reply and full answer. i checked my ip adresses and in most of them i cant make cascade connection over ip it just stablish with domain . i hope the problem solve with disabling UDP acceleration