Internet got disconnect _ while connected to VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
HighDreams

Internet got disconnect _ while connected to VPN

Post by HighDreams » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:08 pm

Hi,

When I connected to a softether VPN, my network went down. I can't browse anything.

This is only facing in the evening time and apart from this all other times the VPN works so good. I hosted the server in AWS EC2.

Please advice.

shakibamoshiri

Re: Internet got disconnect _ while connected to VPN

Post by shakibamoshiri » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm

I can't browse anything.
Can you elaborate on this? and provide more details?

If the down-time is repetitive and predictable there should be a kind of configuration causing this issue.

VirginiaRiddle

Post by VirginiaRiddle » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:57 am

If your internet connection got disconnected while you were connected to a VPN, there could be several reasons for this. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check your VPN connection: Make sure that your VPN connection is still active. If the connection was lost, try reconnecting to the VPN.

Check your internet connection: If your internet connection was lost, try reconnecting to your network or restarting your router/modem.

Check your VPN settings: Make sure that your VPN settings are configured correctly. Check to see if any settings need to be changed or updated.

Check your firewall settings: Your firewall settings could be blocking your VPN connection. Make sure that your firewall settings are configured to allow your VPN traffic.

Check for software conflicts: Other software on your device could be conflicting with your VPN connection. Try closing any unnecessary applications and see if that resolves the issue.

Contact your VPN provider: If none of these steps work, contact your VPN provider for assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or provide you with additional support.

Remember, if you're using a VPN and your internet connection is lost, your traffic will not be protected until the VPN connection is restored. It's important to ensure that you have a secure connection before accessing any sensitive information or data.

Ricchyrr

Post by Ricchyrr » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:27 am

Maybe in the evening the load on the network is more and therefore it is off.

HighDreams

Post by HighDreams » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:04 am

Hi all, thanks for the valuable reply.

Here is my configuration scenario.

I configured the softether VPN server in AWS EC2 ( Windows server). Client VPN is configured for windows desktops.

It generally works in the morning sessions and in the afternoon (this is when I get more complaints ) entire network in the client desktops stops working and shows no internet. At that time VPN is in connected status, but no network. When we disconnect the VPN its works fine.

In this case, I usually restart the AWS server and reconnect the softether server, this resolves the issue for some time. I am looking for the root cause of this issue, so can anyone guide me. I don't have much experience in core networking.