CASCADING 2 SERVER simultaneously

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
riping

CASCADING 2 SERVER simultaneously

Post by riping » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:55 am

Hello people

thanks for any help

i have 2 vps one in an unblocked country and one in a blocked country
i use this to arrange that
https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php? ... 838#p97123

so now i want when i connect to the unblocked country get the internet in the blocked country too
in other word : user from vps 1 connect and access the net on vps 2 and user from vps 2 connect and access the net from vps1
as like this :

2 hub in 2 server that they are connected to one another with cascading
i acutely manage to do it but i guess trying to enable 2 secure networks made the network complicated
and I get this error when I connect to either one of them from SE Client :

** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **

This VPN Client is connected to the VPN Server 'abarserver' by using the NAT Traversal (UDP Hole Punching) technology.

NAT Traversal allows the VPN Server behind the NAT-box to accept VPN connections from VPN Client without any port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

However, NAT Traversal-based VPN sessions sometimes become unstable, because NAT Traversal uses UDP-based protocol. For example, the VPN tunnel disconnects every 5 minutes if there is a poor NAT-box between the VPN Server and the VPN Client. Some large-scale NAT gateways in cheap ISPs sometimes cause the same problem on NAT Traversal. This is a problem of routers or ISPs. This is not a problem of SoftEther VPN software.

To solve the unstable tunnel problem, you should connect to the VPN Server's TCP listener port directly, instead of using NAT Traversal. To connect to the VPN Server directly by using TCP, a listener port of the VPN Server must be exposed to the Internet by a port-forward setting on the NAT-box. Ask the administrator of the NAT-box, or refer to the manual of the NAT-box to add a port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

If this message still remains despite the VPN Server is exposing a TCP port to the Internet, check the "Disable NAT-T" checkbox on the VPN Client connection setting screen.
is this possible?
now this works fine but i am afraid that i some how made the network unstable.

shakibamoshiri

Re: CASCADING 2 SERVER simultaneously

Post by shakibamoshiri » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:04 am

Each HUB is isolated from another. So theoretically there should not be any errors.
For sure, wait till others answer/tell you more about it

And NAT-Traversal is for private networks behind Firewalls or Routers. If you use VPS with public IP address no need to worry about this part.

solo

Post by solo » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:20 pm

+1 @sha... says

and

+1 GB data charge $ p/m per IDLE cascade + more when actually used

riping

Post by riping » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:06 pm

shakibamoshiri wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:04 am
Each HUB is isolated from another. So theoretically there should not be any errors.
For sure, wait till others answer/tell you more about it

And NAT-Traversal is for private networks behind Firewalls or Routers. If you use VPS with public IP address no need to worry about this part.
Thank you for your reply 🙏
And yes the vps have public ip and I dont know why I am getting this massage
It happend after cascading 2 hub so I assume this was the problom

riping

Post by riping » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:07 pm

solo wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:20 pm
+1 @sha... says

and

+1 GB data charge $ p/m per IDLE cascade + more when actually used
Sorry I didn't understand your reply
Can you be more specific?

shakibamoshiri

Post by shakibamoshiri » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:42 pm

riping wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:06 pm
here you said
I did not get ti -- what is your error ?
If you try to connect via cascade connection and in "hostname" field used IP address, then use a domain name specially in DE version.

riping

Post by riping » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:06 pm

shakibamoshiri wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:42 pm
riping wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:06 pm
here you said
I did not get ti -- what is your error ?
If you try to connect via cascade connection and in "hostname" field used IP address, then use a domain name specially in DE version.
** Connected with NAT traversal - might be unstable **

This VPN Client is connected to the VPN Server 'abarserver' by using the NAT Traversal (UDP Hole Punching) technology.

NAT Traversal allows the VPN Server behind the NAT-box to accept VPN connections from VPN Client without any port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

However, NAT Traversal-based VPN sessions sometimes become unstable, because NAT Traversal uses UDP-based protocol. For example, the VPN tunnel disconnects every 5 minutes if there is a poor NAT-box between the VPN Server and the VPN Client. Some large-scale NAT gateways in cheap ISPs sometimes cause the same problem on NAT Traversal. This is a problem of routers or ISPs. This is not a problem of SoftEther VPN software.

To solve the unstable tunnel problem, you should connect to the VPN Server's TCP listener port directly, instead of using NAT Traversal. To connect to the VPN Server directly by using TCP, a listener port of the VPN Server must be exposed to the Internet by a port-forward setting on the NAT-box. Ask the administrator of the NAT-box, or refer to the manual of the NAT-box to add a port-forwarding setting on the NAT-box.

If this message still remains despite the VPN Server is exposing a TCP port to the Internet, check the "Disable NAT-T" checkbox on the VPN Client connection setting screen.
this is the error when i try to connect to the servers but both of them have a public ip
i used the domain name too same issue

i just wanted to know that somehow in the background if I do this makes the network unstable
and you said
so i guess this error is not important anymore

shakibamoshiri

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:23 am

That is a "warning"
"Error" means a program stops working.
If your server stopped working you have an error, otherwise what you got is not an error.