[BUG] Extremely high internet usage by Softether's process even when not connected

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Coomlord

[BUG] Extremely high internet usage by Softether's process even when not connected

Post by Coomlord » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:01 am

So I was watching Youtube for a bit and noticed that the video loaded very slowly and my internet speed dropped to unusable speeds. Turns out the Softether process was using 100+mbps of internet bandwidth even though I'm not connected. Even if I end the process it would just come back and I would have to set it to manual start in the services list for it to not come back again. This makes the software feels like it's a malware, who knows if its uploading my data to somewhere? Would be nice if a dev would look into it.

PizzaProgram

Re: [BUG] Extremely high internet usage by Softether's process even when not connected

Post by PizzaProgram » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:10 pm

Many people use SE daily. They do not experienced such thing.
This is an open source project, everyone can see the code, and compile binaries themself, if you don't trust the pre-compiled ones.

I think the devs can only answer your problem, if you share more info about:
1. What did you exactly install? Client? Server? What version?
2. If client > where do you connect to ?
3. What is your current setup?
(maybe you can copy the .config file here as [ code ] ... but delete the pass-hash!