iOS Client cannot access secure webpages

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
PaperLessBox

iOS Client cannot access secure webpages

Post by PaperLessBox » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:26 am

I've been using softether without any issues for quite a while, but just today I can't access any secure website.

I can connect remotely without any issues, only issue is I cannot access any websites - chrome on iOS shows "ERR_CERT__INVALID" when trying to access any secure website, including.

L2TP overIPsec is enabled and in the past I have been able to access any website prior to today through the VPN.

Server is hosted on a Windows 10 machine which I have access to

Any ideas?

Edit:
I think it's related to the fact that I may have cleared the SSL state on my machine, any idea how to fix softether?

On any remote device, I can access the LAN (e.g. the default gateway as the gateway is only HTTP)

User authentication is user & password
Last edited by PaperLessBox on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

shakibamoshiri

Re: iOS Client cannot access secure webpages

Post by shakibamoshiri » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:42 am

PaperLessBox wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:26 am
I've been using softether without any issues for quite a while, but just today I can't access any secure website.

I can connect remotely without any issues, only issue is I cannot access any websites - chrome on iOS shows "ERR_CERT__INVALID" when trying to access any secure website, including.

L2TP overIPsec is enabled and in the past I have been able to access any website prior to today through the VPN.

Server is hosted on a Windows 10 machine which I have access to

Any ideas?

The cause could be the iPhone devices, specially IOS version.
Already some users (on the forum) reported about issue with L2TP
Examples:
1. Issues with IOs / Mac connecting to SE server
2. Windows connects but iPhone cannot connect, is it a server or device issue?
3. Connecting iphones via L2TP to SE server

PaperLessBox

Post by PaperLessBox » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:22 am

No issues connecting, and it has worked before.

I can connect and can access some local resources (http only) but anything that's secure, including https, doesn't work and I get a certificate error.
It was working with no errors (including https access) before

shakibamoshiri

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:52 am

Okay, my first answer is wrong of course.

to clarify, if you connect to SE server via L2TP and try web browsing with chrome you get "ERR_CERT__INVALID" for HTTPS websites ?
but using regular net (no VPN) visiting the same HTTPS website is okay with no problem ?

PaperLessBox

Post by PaperLessBox » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:37 pm

Correct. When connected to the SE Server via L2TP, I get a cert error. But no VPN and 4g only (on the phone), it works. Same website.