Remote access to static IP addresses over VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
BoJaXz

Remote access to static IP addresses over VPN

Post by BoJaXz » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:36 pm

Hello, I have a slight issue. I currently have a PLC project with a static IP, along with other connected devices, all with static IP adresses. I have a mini pc hooked up to the plc over ethernet, and am using wifi for internet.

The ethernet adapter has a static IP address in the same pool as the rest of the devices: 192.168.1.xxx.
I created a server, and i'm using secureNAT in order to use DHCP server for anyone connecting to the server to set their IP addresses in the same pool as the static IPs. The PLC and other devices do NOT act as a DHCP server, they are static IP addresses only.

After I connect to the server, I can ping the server, my VPN address is in the same pool, but I cannot ping any of the static addresses connected through ethernet.

Layer 3 Switch is not enabled/configured.
Local Bridge is enabled and set to the ethernet NIC.
I connect to the VPN successfully, have "internet access", but cannot communicate with any device connected to the ethernet.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

solo

Re: Remote access to static IP addresses over VPN

Post by solo » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:12 am

Please post as code the output of:

Code: Select all

vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /cmd BridgeDeviceList
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /cmd BridgeList
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd SecureNatStatusGet
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd SecureNatHostGet
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd DhcpGet
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd NatGet
vpncmd localhost:port /server /password:*** /adminhub:@@@ /cmd AccessList
//replace: *** with SE admin password; @@@ with VPN hub's name

BoJaXz

Re: Remote access to static IP addresses over VPN

Post by BoJaXz » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:55 am

I meant to post here earlier, it is solved and works great, the client was connecting with the wrong port. It needed to be connected with 5555, and it was using a different port.