Configuring VPN Client on Linux Mint

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Azlan

Configuring VPN Client on Linux Mint

Post by Azlan » Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 am

Hello

First time post.

I'd like to be able to connect my Linux Mint 20.0 laptop to my Proxmox VM Windows 10 SoftEther VPN Server. I have this working on a Android phone via the OpenVPN client, however I cannot locate a guide to connecting to my server with either the OpenVPN client (which is natively installed on Linux Mint) or the SoftEther VPN client for Linux. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to:
A.) Install the SoftEther VPN Client on Linux Mint?
B.) Setup the SoftEther VPN client on Linux Mint and have it connect to the SoftEther Server on the Proxmox machine?
C.) And / or setup the OpenVPN Client on Linux Mint to connect to the SoftEther VPN Server?

For what it's worth, I have multiple IPVanish connections setup on OpenVPN, however I want to be able to log into my home network remotely, hence why the request to set up a connection between the laptop and the VPN Server hosted locally on my VM.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

shakibamoshiri

Re: Configuring VPN Client on Linux Mint

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:05 am

Azlan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 am
Hello

First time post.

I'd like to be able to connect my Linux Mint 20.0 laptop to my Proxmox VM Windows 10 SoftEther VPN Server. I have this working on a Android phone via the OpenVPN client, however I cannot locate a guide to connecting to my server with either the OpenVPN client (which is natively installed on Linux Mint) or the SoftEther VPN client for Linux. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction to:
if you could connect from you Android via OpenVPN client, you should not face any issue on Linux/Mac/Windows via OpenVPN client.
1. save your OpenVPN configuration file on your Linux box
2. sudo openvpn config.ovpn
3. enter your username and password
That is all there is