Help LAN to LAN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
konvei

Help LAN to LAN

Post by konvei » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:48 pm

Hello,

Need advice on setting up the following scenarion:

Remote Client PC located in a different location will connect over the internet, running SoftEther client.

Server PC, has 2 LAN card, A. 192.168.0.xxx (local access) and B. 192.168.1.xxx (internet access), server PC has a local firewall running on it which uses NAT to allow all ip on range B to access the internet through using interface A via NAT. Server also has local file sharing and a service running on port 443.

Other local computers that are located on same office use IP addresses in the A range and are able to access file sharing and the 443 service.

I would like to have the Remote Client PC be able to access same files sharing folder and service on port 443.

I tried setting up VPN server with ONLY bridge mode enabled on server PC, bridge mode set to interface A, and did port forwarding on local firewall to open ports 5555. Remote client is set to use a static IP in the range of A, remote client is able to connect and see the shared folder and 443 service BUT the moment i start transferring files i get a BSOD on the server PC and a restart.

If i remove the bridge the remote client is able to connect but is unable to access shared folder.

Please help.

solo

Re: Help LAN to LAN

Post by solo » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:29 am

konvei wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:48 pm
the moment i start transferring files i get a BSOD on the server PC and a restart.
It sounds like a Realtek https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68449