client on ubuntu 22.04 server want fix ip adress. cannot figure out how to.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
VE2PF

client on ubuntu 22.04 server want fix ip adress. cannot figure out how to.

Post by VE2PF » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:21 am

I have a Ubuntu 22 server that I need to connect to a vps that advertise a /24 by BGP. That section works well. using L2TP for site to site with openwrt router.

I have no DHCP as I work with public IP and all are fix. all IPV4

I have use the remote client to configure the client or the command line and it just does not work.

Not very use to work with yaml for the configuration of the network.

Anyone can help a bit. Need to make that work to put that server connected to the public internet even if it is behind CGNAT.

Thanks

solo

Re: client on ubuntu 22.04 server want fix ip adress. cannot figure out how to.

Post by solo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

I cannot figure out what you want to figure out. If it is about SoftEther Linux client then the answer is https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php? ... 24#p101124

VE2PF

Post by VE2PF » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:20 pm

Here is the network diagram the main server on the left is a vps. that serve a /24 to the SESRV client by L2TP and simple VPN connection BUT the catch is that it serve just a s a way to bring machine that are behind NAT and dhcp address to the front of the internet as if connected directly. No firewall done by the server. The security is done at the client level.

It works and for most part the client are behind my routers (openwrt) and I configure them with out problem.
But my machine I cannot make work is a Ubuntu 22.04 that use netplan I have no damn idea what I need to add to the yaml file to put a fix 44.31.xx.xx address assigned to the VPN_44net nic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

solo

Post by solo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:25 am

In the above-linked example replace dhclient with ifconfig or equivalent. For Linux support go to https://ubuntuforums.org/

VE2PF

Post by VE2PF » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Since it is a ip configuration of a vpn nic they sent me here.
So You are telling me that I ned to install ifconfig.

I installed net-tools package. ifconfig still unavailable. In fact it cannot be installed by the pkg manager.

I wont compile it from source.

I am now working on a Debian 12 server. with the same problem but it is not a netplan one and no yaml in the vicinity.

Anyone can just push me in the right direction? as the vpn_xx interface is no where to be seen in the interfaces file.