Limited connectivity

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ITinstaller

Limited connectivity

Post by ITinstaller » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

I have installed softether VPN server software on a Debian Linux VM on our server.
The VM has access to the LAN, goal is to connect to it with the VPN so other computers can also have access.

I am able to connect using the client software (both server and client are most recent versions of softether) to the VPN server I set up. However when I do I get limited network and limited internet network connectivity.

I am being assigned a proper IP address (and not a 169. address).

There is a file wall inbetween me and server but I have opened 3 ports for it to go through and connect via one of them (specifically 5555).

I am not using secure NAT, and I have made a local bridge to the eth0 network adapter on the linux server.

Any ideas on why after I connect to the server I only get limited access?

FireCharizard

Re: Limited connectivity

Post by FireCharizard » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Try setting up a SoftEther VPN Client Manager and connect to the Public Relay Servers for unlimited access.

ITinstaller

Post by ITinstaller » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:00 pm

The problem is not JUST limited to the internet though, I also cant access my LAN. Even though I set up a bridge to the eth0. I get limited connection to both internet and my LAN (limited being no access ofcourse, it just says limited).

exciter0

Post by exciter0 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Take a look at section 3.6.11: https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... al_Bridges

ITinstaller wrote:
> The problem is not JUST limited to the internet though, I also cant access
> my LAN. Even though I set up a bridge to the eth0. I get limited connection
> to both internet and my LAN (limited being no access ofcourse, it just says
> limited).

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:19 am

Did you enable promiscuous mode on the VM?