Softether SSL VPN client for android & iphone [Port 443]

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
smartgig

Softether SSL VPN client for android & iphone [Port 443]

Post by smartgig » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello,

I can connect to softether vpn server through firewall using port 443 on Windows and Linux servers, BUT there's no client for android / iphone that supports for ssl vpn on port 443 [sstp]. So it's not possible for me to connect through firewall using my iphone / android device :(

Thanks

qupfer

Re: Softether SSL VPN client for android & iphone [Port 443]

Post by qupfer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Try OpenVPN ;)

If you use the windows-server-manager tool, you can download a preconfigured profile file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b8ofyd83uwdeqx/openvpn.PNG) (you can also change the port, but you can do it later too)

Open the
host_openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn file with a texteditor and change
proto udp --to--> proto tcp (udp is also possible, but sometimes blocked by firewalls)
and of course:
remote domain.de 1194 --to--> remote domain.de 443 (if you havn't changed it before)

Install the offical openvpn-client to your iOS devise and import the ovpn-file (with the help of itunes or as a mail attachement).

A nice to know: SoftEther listen at all "Listiner Ports" for any compatible vpn. So you can use OpnVPN (or ssl-vpn or SSTP) @443, @1194, @5555 or any other configured port.

Btw. OpenVPN with TCP @443 looks also (compared with SSL VPN) very similar to "normal" ssl-traffic. So nearly everywhere, where https is allowed, the vpn works.

rolders

Post by rolders » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Smartgig - can you describe how you connect to Softether server over port 443? I am trying to do this but cannot get it to work. What vpn client are you using?

Thanks!

colapig

Post by colapig » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:44 am

1. download the OpenVPN connect from google play
2. download the profile file (with ovpn extension). The file can be generated by the VPN server.
3. edit the file and change the port to 443, but make sure the VPN server support 443 port
4. install OpenVPN connect
5. select "import" from the software menu
6. setect "importprofile from SD card"
7. locate your ovpn file location and import it to the mobile phone.

frankyoung

Post by frankyoung » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:36 pm

I have enabled OpenVPN on softether and am able to use the OpenVPN iOS client to connect through udp but not able to use tcp. The port is 443 for both udp and tcp.

From the client log it says connection reset by peers.

Anything I can do to fix it?