SoftEther and RDP

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Hammer

SoftEther and RDP

Post by Hammer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi, I have SoftEther setup and client can connect to my server (eg., establish VPN connection) and access the network my server is on. However, when I scan for devices on my server network, I do not see the client listed. I would like to RDP from a pc on my server network into the connected client. Is this possible? If so, how can I set this up? Note, I can RDP from the client into PCs on the server network, but not the other way around. Thank you for your help!

ethanolson

Re: SoftEther and RDP

Post by ethanolson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:46 am

If RDP is enabled on the client, and a firewall rule is set to allow, and the IP address of the client is always the same (you might need SE 4.31 for this) then it should work.

If you're trying to RDP into a PC on the client's network, then you can't do that with client/server. You must run a server/server configuration and create routing rules (with regular router).

rwebb616

Re: SoftEther and RDP

Post by rwebb616 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Are you running SoftEther on the server that you're trying to RDP into?

I've had problems with accessing the VPN server itself across the VPN - are you able to ping/access other hosts on the remote network?

Rich