Error code 2

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
C.Alex

Error code 2

Post by C.Alex » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 am

Hello guys!
Just yesterday i installed the latest SoftEther VPN client (9727) and connected to some Russian server and it worked fine.
Today i tried to connect to an US server and i got blocked by this error code 2, something about protocol connection!And i got others error when tryin to connect via UDP (error 1)!
I reinstalled the app right now and tried to connect again, now it seems to work.
The program is whitelisted on firewall!
Now i read further on this problem and here is what i understood:
1.Possible problems: Firewall,Protocols(443 which is running SoftEther by default)
2.Possbile resolve: Whitelist in firewall,change protocol listener from 443 to something else like 5555
The only problem is that i don't know how to change it!
Right now Softether works just fine but i don't know for how long...I want to know how can i change that protocol from the vpncmd in case something is gonna happen in the future.
There are a few topics on this on the forum but none of them showed step by step how to do it!
Thanks in advance ^_^
Sorry for bad english, still learning!

ethanolson

Re: Error code 2

Post by ethanolson » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 pm

The suggestion about changing port from 443 to 5555 refers to changing the server configuration and then aligning the client to that. By default, the server has that port listening so you may simply be able to change the client to use that port. Before getting into vpncmd, try the client GUI as a test and see if port 5555 connects. After that, take a look here to understand how to use vpncmd: https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... ity_Manual

C.Alex

Re: Error code 2

Post by C.Alex » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

Quick question.I assume that i need to download the SoftEther VPN Server right?
If so, the next time something goes wrong and i get Error code 2,i will try that!
Right now the VPN client it working just fine, i can connect to all servers.
Thanks for the answer!