Very slow download

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
ediaz

Very slow download

Post by ediaz » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi I am using a linux softether version on a virtual machine running linux debian 10 x64.

this is for access to my samba server from my home, I have two symmetrical lines fiber of 500 Mbps.

I tested the speed using the vpncmd and the results, to upload and download going to the ip of the server, and the ip of the virtual server are very good, transfers of 1Gpbs with no problem at all.

The problem is softether, i make a standard install with Securenat for dhcp and the issue is the download speed is very very low.

like 700 Mbps upload and 50 Mbps

I open a nat port for the softether software and using direct connection. and for my test i am testing in two ways, 1, connecting to my public ip:port-nat-nat-softether server the speed are 1GB.

if i make a vpn connection and try to connect to the server (I have vpncmd software to test) the speed is always very low like 50...

any ideas what to look i am out of ideas..

Sorry for my english.. I am spanish..

My install is.

Cliente---router----Internet------Router---dNat(server)---softether)Virtual

ethanolson

Re: Very slow download

Post by ethanolson » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 am

I've heard that it might improve speeds a lot to increase the link MTU on the SoftEther server's eth0 to 4088.

ediaz

Re: Very slow download

Post by ediaz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:11 pm

I am using linux,

I will try to enable softehter serer to 4088

Thanks for the answers :-D