Why SE so slow?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Gerard1

Why SE so slow?

Post by Gerard1 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:33 am

On the server i have 1 gbit\s port (on speedtest the result is 474 mbit\s), on client side port is 100 mbit\ps ( speedtest).
When i connect to vpn server my speed is maximum 23 mbit and sometimes 10-12 mbit.
connection was checked through SE client and built in microsoft L2TP\IPSec. the same problem with connection through OpenVPN client.

i read that the problem could be because of using virtual NAT, but only with enabled this function client can connect.
what is bridge i dont know and unfortunately documentation of this site dont give clear answer.
help me please.

centeredki69

Re: Why SE so slow?

Post by centeredki69 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:32 pm

What is your upload speed on Speedtest at the SE server location? 474 Download/ ???? Upload

Gerard1

Post by Gerard1 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:56 am

centeredki69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:32 pm
What is your upload speed on Speedtest at the SE server location? 474 Download/ ???? Upload
219 upload

Gerard1

Post by Gerard1 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 am

bump. somebody know what's the problem?

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am

In SecureNAT you can try changing the MTU to 1280. If it does not improve the speed change it back to 1500. I have had to do this on a cloud hosted VM
that for some reason maxed out at 24 Mbps DL
MTU.jpg
For "Local bridge" you need to TURN OFF SecureNAT first. Then create a "localbridge" between the physical NIC and virtual HUB. Your VPN clients will then receive an IP address from the local network DHCP server. If the Host is a virtual machine you will need to enable "MAC spoofing, Permiscous Mode". If this is a cloud based VM this feature will not function and you will have to use SecureNAT.
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... al_Bridges
local bridge.jpg
Bridge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gerard1

Post by Gerard1 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 pm

centeredki69 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am
For "Local bridge" you need to TURN OFF SecureNAT first. Then create a "localbridge" between the physical NIC and virtual HUB. Your VPN clients will then receive an IP address from the local network DHCP server.
i disabled SecureNAT, and created a localbridge. the status is "Operating". But when i try to connect i receive this message and the client manager status is "Connected" but actually my ip doesn't changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Is the SE-Server installed on a Physical machine or a Virtual Machine Host ? If a VM please enable "MAC spoofing/ Permiscous Mode"

Is the Ethernet adapter you used to create the "Local Bridge" a Wired NIC or Wifi ? Please use a wired NIC as some Wifi adapters do not function as expected.

Is there a DHCP server running on the local network that the "local Bridge" is connected to ? This would be the same DHCP server the SE-Host would receive its IP address from (if it is not set to a static IP).

Did you reboot the Host machine after creating the "local Bridge" ?

Gerard1

Post by Gerard1 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:40 pm

centeredki69 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm
Is the SE-Server installed on a Physical machine or a Virtual Machine Host ? If a VM please enable "MAC spoofing/ Permiscous Mode"

Is the Ethernet adapter you used to create the "Local Bridge" a Wired NIC or Wifi ? Please use a wired NIC as some Wifi adapters do not function as expected.

Is there a DHCP server running on the local network that the "local Bridge" is connected to ? This would be the same DHCP server the SE-Host would receive its IP address from (if it is not set to a static IP).

Did you reboot the Host machine after creating the "local Bridge" ?
Thanks you so much, I figured it out.
i followed this guide and everything worked out for me. http://wiki.x-news.org/index.php?title= ... 0%BE%D0%B2