A true Android Softether's client that allows the genuine "VPN over HTTPS" technology

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
jseb

A true Android Softether's client that allows the genuine "VPN over HTTPS" technology

Post by jseb » Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 pm

Hi,

I want to request a new client on the Android's OS. I have difficulty connecting with OpenVPN to my Softether's server with any protocol or ports through some firewalls when using my phone. So having the same connections features that the Windows client offers would be great. Behind the same firewalls, it always succeed to connect until now.

I believe that I won't be the only one using it as Android is so widespread today.

Finally, I also think that the OpenConnect protocol could be a great add too.

nobody12

Re: A true Android Softether's client that allows the genuine "VPN over HTTPS" technology

Post by nobody12 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:24 am

While openVPN is IMHO VPN over HTTPS, and even if you can run openVPN on port 443 for compatibility reasons, why not try out a client based on SSTP, by "KOBAYASHI Ittoku". It is made with Softether in mind, called "Open SSTP Client". Ready to download in the playstore.
Works perfect for me.

jseb

Re: A true Android Softether's client that allows the genuine "VPN over HTTPS" technology

Post by jseb » Sun May 22, 2022 11:03 am

nobody12 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:24 am
While openVPN is IMHO VPN over HTTPS, and even if you can run openVPN on port 443 for compatibility reasons, why not try out a client based on SSTP, by "KOBAYASHI Ittoku". It is made with Softether in mind, called "Open SSTP Client". Ready to download in the playstore.
Works perfect for me.
Thank you, I will give it a try this week.