Possible to set up Bridged Lan and Remote User VPN on same server?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
rwebb616

Possible to set up Bridged Lan and Remote User VPN on same server?

Post by rwebb616 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi,

I have an existing server set up that is set up for remote access VPN by road warrior users. I now have a need to connect in a branch office and just want to do L2 Ethernet and bridge the two lans.

I'm wondering if that is possible on the same server and if so what is the setup? Do I create a secondary virtual hub for the bridge?

I'd like the remote branch to be able to use something like a Raspberry Pi to make the connection but I'm confused how to do that with only one ethernet port. The ethernet is connected to the local network and is behind nat for internet access and there is a DHCP server on this network so if I bridge the two lans what happens to the local network - technically I want the local network to be the same IP net as the main office but for internet there is an existing local network.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rich

rwebb616

Re: Possible to set up Bridged Lan and Remote User VPN on same server?

Post by rwebb616 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:54 am

I answered my own question. It is in fact capable of doing this!

My problem is that my brain was thinking in a L3 mode and it needed to be thinking in a L2 mode.

So now I have a Raspberry Pi 4 set up with VPN Server acting as a bridge to a main LAN and the main LAN also serves mobile vpn clients! Awesome software.

Rich

zorr

Re: Possible to set up Bridged Lan and Remote User VPN on same server?

Post by zorr » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Can you explane how you set this up on a raspberry 4, i try this on a debian stretch without succes.